Our vision at ArtHouse Jersey is to be synonymous with high quality artistic work that has a meaningful impact on the local community and international audiences.
Our core values underpin everything that we do. These are not stand-alone beliefs, but combine to form a solid foundation upon which our work is constructed. Each of these values is linked to the others and together they guide and influence decisions at every level:
- Ambitious. We give artists the freedom to be bold and focus on the work that they most strive to make.
- Collaborative. We tailor our work to the artist or project, encouraging relationships between a wide-range of artists, partners, mentors and audiences.
- Community focused. Our work enables us to build bigger projects, producing work that has a meaningful impact on local and international communities.
- Nurturing. We provide opportunities for artists at all stages of their development. When an artist is nurtured, the path is cleared for fresh and inspiring ideas to flourish.
- Authentic. We pride ourselves on producing work that artists are passionate about, a reflection of their own unique creativity.
About our work and home.
We provide time, space and support for the creation of ambitious work that has a positive impact on our Island community and international audiences. We work with artists practicing across every discipline from all backgrounds. We produce large-scale exhibitions, theatre pieces, concerts and community-focused workshops. We are there to enable artists who have ambition and talent to create inspiring, high-quality work that can change lives.
Our producing model starts with providing local, Jersey-based artists with financial support and free advice mixed with artist-led development opportunities including facilitated workshops, projects, guided residencies, and industry networking. We nurture and provide a helping hand at critical moments in our artists' journey who may range from young people at the point of choosing to pursue a career in the arts, to established professionals.
Our home, Chateau Vermont, is a residency space for visiting international artists. Located in the rural parish of St Saviour in the Channel Island of Jersey, Chateau Vermont acts as a centre for the conception, development and production of new work and is a collaborative space where connections can be forged between artists and the wider community. The building encompasses meeting and rehearsal spaces for artists, self-catering facilities and ensuite bedrooms for residencies.